Thursday, February 26, 2009

My First Day on the Job! Photography Examiner for New York City


My First Day on the Job! Photography Examiner for New York City
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

My First Day on the Job!
February 26, 2009, New York City:


Hello Fellow New Yorkers!

This morning I took a quiz at Artbistro.com that asked “What Kind of Photographer Are You?”

Although I’ve been an avid New York City street photographer for almost five years now, today I begin my job as the Photography Examiner for New York, for the Examiner.com. Hence, I was eager to see if the quiz agreed with me and my new avocation.

I’m happy to report that the results indicate that I'd be happiest being a "Photo Journalist,” explaining “You are never happier than when you are in the thick of humanity and documenting all of it. You like to observe the world around you. You sometimes shoot at chaotic moments and love it.”

I couldn’t agree more and thus I hereby present my credentials to you below and look forward to bringing to you what’s up, what’s new and what’s notable in the world of photography in New York City!

If you have any photography news leads and stories (about yourself, about others) please write me at lorenzo@25Lessons.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are interested in taking the photography quiz at artbistro.com, click on the following:
What Kind of Photographer Are You?

Tonight I’m attending a photography art opening at the Daneyal Mahmood Gallery in Chelsea. DM is presenting Oil Evolution by Andrei Molodkin, commemorating the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth.

I’m hoping to have a good story to present to you tomorrow.

Regards,
Lorenzo

No comments: