Thursday, April 28, 2011

Expectating


Expectating
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

Photo taken September 26, 2010, Brooklyn, New York York at High Street subway platform.
© Lorenzo Domínguez, All rights reserved, 2010.

The Importance of Not Succeeding
April 28, 2011, New York City:


25 years ago Professor Shapiro told our Sociology class, "Sometimes in life 'closeness' counts. Like in horseshoes, hand grenades, and dancing." I think if you want to be happy that rule applies far beyond that short list. Striving for success is not synonymous with achieving perfection.

Basketball’s greatest player, Michael Jordon, once said, “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Lost more than 300 games. 26 times I was trusted to take the game winning shot and failed. I have failed over and over again and that is why I succeed.” It is often simply a matter of trying, not always just getting it right.




*

BE INSPIRED
Read the #1 Bestselling Photo Essay and Artist Biography
in 2010 & 2011 on Amazon—
25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography…Life!

www.25Lessons.com

Subway Stories
Photos from the New York City Subway
www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1055070

*

No comments: