Friday, February 1, 2008

HP Featured Artist: Be Brilliant Campaign Launches Today!


HP Featured Artist: Be Brilliant Home Page
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

“Much of life becomes background, but it is the province of art to throw buckets of light into the shadows and make life new again.”
— Diane Ackerman, A Natural History of the Senses

February 1, 2008, New York City:

Be Brilliant!: Looking Forward Toward The Exciting Month Ahead


February will inevitably prove to be an exciting month for me.

For not only does it begin with my brother’s birthday today (Happy Birthday Danny!), but it is sprinkled with many other birthdays of those I love including my dear friend Mia on the third, my sister Sabina on the 7th, and the mother my children (uh, my ex) Domenica on the 22nd.

February is also beginning with a bang because I have been selected by HP (Hewlett-Packard) to be the emerging artist to launch a national advertising campaign, which was launched today.

The initiative will include a special dedicated website that will co-exist alongside existing advertising for HP’s What Do You Have To Say? campaign, which features the likes of Gwen Stefani and the inventor of the snowboard, Jake Burton. (I highly recommend watching the inspiring story How Burton Became Burton online.)

The new campaign will also soon feature banner ads that will be run on the Internet.

To view the site click on the following link:
www.hp.com/go/bebrilliant

I’ve also learned this morning that I’ve been chosen to be a feature artist on buroeastmag.com in their upcoming February 2008 issue coming out the 15th.

Perhaps needless to say, I am both excited and very grateful for these opportunities to share my work, my creative passions and my love for New York City, my family and friends and life itself.

And I would like to thank all those that made it happen, including the creative director Nick Chapman who designed the campaign and who was a great pleasure to work with; the folks at HP who gave the green light on this project and who ultimately chose me out of 18 candidates to be the launch artist; and the dear friends/photographers who upon a whim helped me out in a pinch when I needed to submit portraits—the rock-star WNBA-NFL-NBA photographer Gillian Leigh whose photo was ultimately used, and the super-doctor, healer-of-all-my-ailments Chelsea, who gracefully rode the 1 train with me on Christmas Eve-into-Morning until 3 AM to get the first round of submitted photos.

Lorenzo

“Hence Proust's assertion that the greatness of works of art has nothing to do with the apparent quality of their subject matter, and everything to do with the subsequent treatment of that matter. And hence his associated claim that everything is potentially a fertile subject for art and that we can make discoveries as valuable in an advertisement for soap as in Pascal's Pensées.”
—Alain de Botton, How Proust Can Change Your Life

*

This news is today's featured post on The Art of Living.

No comments: