Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My First RAW


My First RAW
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

View LARGE

This is the very first RAW file I processed through Adobe Lightroom and then CS3.

Admittedly, I'm a bit daunted by the whole process; it was so much easier to just work with JPGs.

Oh, well. I've now invested in a camera that shoots RAW (Canon Powershot G9), after testing and ultimately returning the Canon EOS SLR, the 450d (Rebel Xsi) because it simply wasn't for me and isn't the tool of preference (for me) when shooting on the street and attempting to capture those exquisite decisive moments.

Thus, only time will tell if RAW is right for me or not.

Hopefully, I am doing the right thing, because I've also just sunk a lot of money into the D-65 workshop to be held in September in NYC. This 4-day course covers all the basics of RAW workflow processing, esp. via Lightroom.

Anyway, would be happy to hear your thoughts on the benefits of RAW...

Regards,
Lorenzo

*

No comments: