Saturday, September 23, 2006

I love people who smile


Smiling Hilary
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

I love people who smile.

One of life's greatest pleasures is to be in the company of people who smile a lot, who are often happy, who are perky souls who believe in themselves, who believe in others, and who truly believe anything is possible.

It is doubly pleasing when these positive beings are also doers, makers and shakers; the kind of folk who make a difference in this world and often empower other people to do the same by inspiring, by taking the lead, taking a risk, and or simply by taking the time to show others what is possible.

One of life's greatest pains is having to suffer the company of whiners, of pessimists, of paranoid freaks who often believe the sky is falling, and are too afraid, lazy or demure to do something about it.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened..."

Thus, although I have learned this lesson late in my life, I now know that I want to spend the rest of it surrounded by the optimists of the world; no more fears, no more doubting, no more tears, no more stifling mindsets that limit what I can do.


"Your smile is a messenger of your good will. Your smile brightens the lives of all who see it. To someone who has seen a dozen people frown, scowl or turn their faces away, your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds."
-Dale Carnegie-

*

I'm always looking for extraordinary subjects to practice my portraiture on/with, so if you live in or are visiting the tri-state area of NYC and are interested in having me take your picture (or know of anyone who might be) send me a note.

No comments: