Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Lines of Our Lives


The Lines of Our Lives
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

The Lines of Our Lives
(Excerpts from a Recent Conversation)

Pisces:
Subject: Ohhhhh...

Lorenzo, Lorenzo,

Where art thou Lorenzo!

Where is Lorenzo?!@!?
Excited? Curious? Well, whatcha gonna do?

Kisses to spare,
Pisces

Girlfriend Intervening
(sets up date)

Me:
I don't know if I can wait until Thurs....

I think we should secretly meet tonight.

Call me.

Love,
Your Eager Sag/Scorp

Girlfriend Intervening
It's a date and no secret meeting her tonight. Silly boy that's not how it works.

Pisces:
Correction: impatient boys sometimes miss dessert.

Me:
Subject: me thinx

you're going to get my in trouble somehow...


Pisces:
I think that is not a possibility.

Me:
Subject: basic animal training

"...an animal rewarded for good behavior will learn much more rapidly and retain what it learns far more effectively than an animal punished for bad behavior." - Dale Carnegie

See, it is best to reward me...

Pisces:
Subject: RE: basic animal training

Touché, Mr. Lorenzo.

Keep training sessions brief, be consistent with corrections, liberal with praise, be firm but avoid harsh physical punishment

Me:
Subject: yes, but

if you desire me
to remember you...cui placet obliviscur, cui dolet meminit. - Cicero, Pro Murena -
(he forgets that which pleases him, but remembers the pain he suffers)

Besides:
"Pain is weakness leaving the body. It's that last hill. Or that final inch. It's knowing if you don't push beyond it, there'll never be a beyond. It's the moment when your mind and body meet and realize they have a common goal called winning."

And since I consider myself a winner, I don't mind the pain (i.e. your "harsh physical punishment"), esp. if it helps me win the prize.

Pisces:
Worship comes when earned.

Me:
Subject: from adulation to indulgence

As to “worship comes when earned...”

...and satisfaction, when you learn to let go of fanciful ideals.

Wilde wrote, "The way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it." I've learned to yield often.

Alas, the art of living is a never-ending education. And thus, it helps to practice giving in...

Pisces:
Hmmm, I must ponder this for a while. A response to be continued.

No comments: