Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ode to Thee, Feet


Ode to Thee, Feet
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

Ode to Thee, Feet

no hair grows there and
we are all whiter, paler, where
we stamp our feet into the earth,
a firm hold, plantation,
the soles proving: we stood here.
the prints mark our coming and goings,
our existence is felt in the pique
of a thousand pores and more
nerves than we have fingers
to soothe and caress and massage
the pain of a long day away.

*
*
*

Foot Note: The original photo was created by Rose & Olive. I chose to desaturate the picture in order to bring out the beauty of the form, and I decided to turn the photo sideways because I perceived these soles to originally be lying in a bed, prostrate, horizontally placed.

You see, I have a fetish for landscape photos, I’m not very fond of the portrait angle, because when we normally see the world with both eyes we see wide, we see peripherally; hence, it soothes me to see things naturally, or at least as I am apt to see them.

Secondly, I turned the photo upside-down, so to speak, because it exposed the soles, expressing their innate vulnerability; and the subsequently concave curvature that creates a welcoming and sensual cup, a sweet openness and invitation to play, to know, to engage in somatic and soulful intimacy.

Lorenzo


Rose, Olive & Me

No comments: