Thursday, July 5, 2007

Wet, Moist and Fragrant


Wet, Moist and Fragrant
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom

Wet, Moist and Fragrant

In California
I understood the earth,
for it was there, where I grew up,
that I relished the redolent pique
of the first smell of soil after the rain,
of rollicking and wrestling in the mud,
of the gritty feel of a rock before
I tossed it across the train tracks at
the punk-kids from the other side;
of sticky-milky milkweed covered with
orange-white-black stripped caterpillars;
of giant fig trees ripe with velvety-purple
plums that upon being pulled apart,
offered orgasms of pink-fleshy fruit.

It is here, in New York City,
where I grow old, that I yearn
to understand that earth again;
I think that is why I so often carelessly throw
myself into the charms and curves and company
of women. They are earthy,
they are wet and moist and fragrant;
they make me yearn freedom,
make me feel like throwing rocks again,
roll in the mire naked, build big fires;
and howl and eat and procreate
much like a barbarian; much like
an unrefined, toothy, curious kid
again.

*
*
*

1.Joy Ride! 014, 2. Sex et La Cité 3, 3. Going to Bed with Gill 003, 4. Amanecí (Otra Vez) Entre Tus Brazos, 5. Sex et La Cité 2, 6. My Friend Mia 075, 7. The Afterglow, 8. Un Deux Trois, 9. Sex et La Cité, 10. Courtney 021, 11. My Friend Mia 074, 12. Mosaic Upload 2


(R&O thank you for the inspiration)
Lorenzo

Rose, Olive & Me

No comments: